The table game that has everyone hooked
Once you start playing you won’t want to stop
This challenging game incorporates elements of skill & strategy.
One game is never enough. Anyone can learn to play in minutes.
The object of the game is to form “Convoys” comprising 4 same coloured counters (or 3 plus a bonus counter) in a straight line either vertically, horizontally, diagonally or a square, anywhere on the board. Once a “Convoy” is completed the counters forming it are turned over to show the 2-tone colour. After this stage the “Convoy” in question cannot be removed. This is a very fast moving game as each move must be played within 30 seconds.
CONVOY™ is an easy to learn card strategy board game for 2, 3, 4 or 6 players, that challenge’s your use of skill & strategy (4 or 6 players split into teams of 2).
The Game is played with a board, 2 full packs of cards & 50 tokens per single player or 25 if in teams.
The board comprises of 2 full packs of cards with jacks and jokers removed (96 cards) and 4 roundels which act as bonus counters and as such cannot be covered with another counter. Bonus counters may be re-used by all players during the course of play.
The object of the game is to form “Convoys” comprising of 4 same coloured tokens (or 3 plus a bonus counter) in a straight line either vertically, horizontally or diagonally anywhere on the board. Once a “Convoy” is completed the tokens forming it are turned over to show the 2-tone colour. After this stage the tokens in the “Convoy” in question cannot be removed.
A “Convoy” may use only one token within an existing “Convoy” by crossing that “Convoy” at right angles or diagonally. It is not allowable to add onto the end of an existing “Convoy” unless a complete “Convoy” of 4 (or 3+ a bonus token/ roundel) can be formed.
For 2, and 4 player games, 3 “Convoys” of the same colour must be formed to win the game, but for 3 and 6 player games this is reduced to 2 “Convoys”.
1. Shuffle the two full 52 card packs. Each player picks a card; the one with the highest card deals (Ace is high), replace the cards in the pack.
2. Each player (or team) selects a token colour (one colour each). When playing in teams, players must be seated so they have alternate coloured tokens e.g. 4 player game: – red, black, red, black and 6 player game: – red, black, blue, red, black, blue.
3. Add the 4 Jokers to the deck reshuffle and deal 4 cards to each player placing the remaining deck face down and accessible to all players.
4. The player to the left of the dealer lays a card of their cards from their own pack face up in front of them and places a token onto the space with the corresponding card on the board. Each play must be within 30 seconds. If a player fails to make their move within 30 seconds, they forfeit their turn.
5. The player then draws a new card from the deck to ensure they maintain 4 cards in their hand.
6. Play continues clockwise as each player takes turns, placing one token on the board for each card played.
7. Jokers and Jacks are special cards. Jacks are either one-eyed Jacks (spades and hearts) or two-eyed Jacks (clubs and diamonds). If a one-eyed Jack is played, the player may remove an opponent’s token from the board (except two-tone tokens forming a “Convoy”) returning them to the other player/team (in a 3 or 6 player game remove a token from each opponent or team). If a two-eyed Jack is played, the player may place their token on any free square. If a Joker is played the player can choose to treat the card as either a one-eyed or two-eyed Jack.
8. The main deck can only be used once, this means the winner is the player/players with most “Convoys” if there is no clear winner the game becomes a stalemate (or draw).
Click to download the rules PDF
CONVOY™ The Card Strategy Game
Do you run or organise events?
Before you arrange / book the usual poker, bingo, quizzes, race nights etc. for your event, consider something different and NEW to engage your guests / customers / clients / supporters.
Events, tournaments & leagues with CONVOY™ The Card Strategy Game…
For wholesale orders or corporate gifts please contact us: